The Cape Playhouse is currently seeking the following positions for our 2018 Summer Season:
The historic Cape Playhouse in Dennis, MA is currently seeking a part-time Development Director to join our staff. The Development Director is responsible for designing, implementing and managing all fundraising activities, including but not limited to annual giving, raising matching funds, special events, Board fundraising initiatives, and any other special solicitations.
- Reports to the Executive Director.
- Works closely with the Executive Director, Board of Trustees, and other top leaders to drive organizational expansion and long-range funding strategies.
- Develops and executes all strategies and activities related to donor cultivation, solicitation, relations and challenge grants.
- Analyzes and improves individual giving program, aimed at building donor base and cultivating deeper ties with donors.
- Cultivates and maintains corporate, foundation, government and individual donors.
- Plans, budgets, and executes spring and fall fundraising campaigns; one major
- annual fundraising event; and smaller special events and receptions.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director to identify and cultivate donors, and build strategic philanthropic partnerships.
- Work to increase donor commitment and campaign participation through regular and sophisticated communication.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date development files, records and systems for donors, prospects and giving history.
- Prepare regular development reports.
- Provide methodologies, resources and tools for the Board members’ fundraising efforts.
- Theatre, arts, or non-profit background.
- At least three years’ experience in fundraising/development.
- A successful track record of identifying, cultivating and soliciting individual donors and corporations.
- A track record in organizing and implementing annual gifts and special events.
- Excellent writing, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic and comfortable in a small, fast-paced, team-orientated work environment.
- Ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Computer literacy – Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, social media platforms and data base management (CRM).
- A professional, articulate, enthusiastic and informed ambassador of the Cape Playhouse.
To apply: please send resume and cover letter with “Development Director” in the subject line to email@example.com
Buildings and Grounds
The Cape Playhouse in Dennis, MA is currently seeking to fill a seasonal, part-time buildings and grounds/maintenance position. Dates are May 1 – September 9th, 2018 with the possibility of an extension into the winter months. Responsibilities include routine maintenance associated with 90 year old facilities. This includes performing interior and exterior cosmetic repairs that may include basic painting, dry wall patching/install/repair, and other necessary repairs to maintain a high level of functionality and professional appearance; responsibility for the building’s preventive and predicative maintenance that may include basic plumbing, electrical, and HVAC maintenance, engaging in ground maintenance activities to ensure parking lots and exterior surroundings are accessible and safe, responsibility for maintenance and watering of gardens; maintaining a professional appearance at all times; responsibility for the care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment owed by the Playhouse; ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all building occupants, management and coworkers while working in a team environment; must be available to workweekends and holidays in emergency situations as needed.
To apply: please send resume by 3/31 to firstname.lastname@example.org or c/o Ms. Kathy Rochefort, The Cape Playhouse, PO Box 2001, Dennis, MA. 02638.
The Cape Playhouse is looking for an summer intern to assist the Finance Director with a range of tasks, including collecting and recording daily receipts from Box Office and Concessions; assist with accounts payable and bank statement reconciliation; balance sheet reconciliation; monthly Gift Shop inventory and reconciliation; collect and compile payroll data and review and verify source documents; verify and reconcile payroll deductions; provide financial support and assist in day to day operations.
To apply: please send resume and cover letter with “Finance Intern” in the subject line to email@example.com
In support of Executive Director, works on data mining and generating reports for sales and fundraising; assist on budget development, monitoring and reporting; analysis of audience demographics, other management tasks such as supporting marketing and development initiatives, compiling and proofing the program books and other marketing materials.
To apply: please send resume and cover letter with “Marketing/Management Intern” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org