Reports to the Board of Directors of the Cape Cod Center for the Arts and works in partnership with the Artistic Director. Manages the operations and facilities of the Cape Cod Center of the Arts, develops the annual budget and presents monthly financial reports, develops and implements an annual marketing plan and fundraising strategies, and is the primary spokesperson/advocate for the Cape Playhouse. Works with the Artistic Director to ensure the optimum balance of artistic excellence, financial strength and institutional integrity; as well as audience growth, reputational enhancement, operational stability and endowment development of the Cape Playhouse.
The essential functions or responsibilities listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of responsibilities does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Responsible for the administration, management and coordination of the daily operations of the Cape Cod Center for the Arts consistent with the directions and approved policies of the Board and the requirements of Federal, State and Local laws.
- Responsible for planning, administration, management and coordination of the daily operations of Cape Cod Center for the Arts.
- Responsible for the development, administration and supervision of personnel policies and practices for non-union employees to include: developing and publishing a personnel policy manual, job descriptions with salary ranges, develops benefit package, performance evaluations, training, recruitment and discharge.
- Responsible for the engagement of volunteers and their training.
- Responsible for insuring that all volunteer positions are filled for every performance.
- Responsible for the placing of all appropriate insurance for Cape Cod Center for the Arts after Board approval.
- Responsible for and in collaboration with stage management and company management, the gathering all playbill content.
- Issues all finalized contracts to actors and creative team members in collaboration with the Artistic Director and Company Manager and is responsible for the collection of fully executed contracts from all show related personnel.
- In responsible for fielding contractual queries from agents, actors and production personnel.
- Responsible for assuring housing for all summer staff and resolving any housing finance issues.
- Responsible for assigning seating for the upcoming productions.
- In conjunction with the Artistic Director, develops a realistic artistic budget, All hires by the Artistic Director must be within budget unless agreed to by the Managing Director.
- Develops a realistic annual budget by November 1st, for approval by the Board of Directors.
- Meets monthly with the Artistic Director, prior to the scheduled Board of Director’s meeting, to review actual and projected revenues and expenses versus budget and any back stage or front office issues.
- Responsible for monthly financial reporting to include: actual versus budget revenue and expenses, forecasting, cash flow projections and written analysis to be presented to the Finance Committee no later than 10 days following month’s end.
- Responsible for maintaining the highest ethical standards in financial reporting, the annual audit and other related legal and reporting requirements.
- Responsible for drafting, calculating and submitting the the Actors Equity Bond.
- Reviews actor contracts to confirm that financial commitments are within budget.
- Responsible for, with Company Manager, all housing costs and payments.
- Tracks and Reviews all production expenses w the Production Manager & Finance Director.
- Responsible for and maintains a system for production staff, creative team and actors payroll in conjunction with the Finance Director.
- Oversees all payments and benefits to agents, directors, creative staff, actors and actors managers.
- Reviews and approves all check requests related to payroll and production expenses.
- Reviews and approves all staff company credit card statements in collaboration with the finance director.
- Responsible for gathering and distributing daily wrap reports during production season.
- Is the primary resource for all staff in relation to business and financial matters.
- Responsible for the timely planning and implementation of audience development activities including marketing strategies, public relations and promotional events for each show and the Cape Playhouse for the season.
- Presents annual marketing strategy, public relations program and planned promotional events to the Board of Directors for discussion and approval before February 1.
- Responsible for creative single ticket sale campaigns for each show.
- Responsible for production and program sponsorships and supporting material and engages Board in sponsorship solicitation.
- Responsible for and in conjunction with the Board of Directors will create a long term strategic marketing plan.
- Responsible for the development of annual fundraising campaign in conjunction with the Board of Directors and the Artistic Director and implementation of all agreed upon special events. Where appropriate, the Artistic Director will provide lead actor support.
- Responsible for individual gift, corporate giving, Board gifts, and foundation grant writing.
- Responsible for overseeing the annual fundraising gala with Board and committee support.
Board of Directors:
- Assists the Board President in the preparation of the agenda and the assemblage of all supporting documentation and the distribution to all Board members at least five (5) days prior to the scheduled Board meeting.
- Develops and implements program to introduce new Board members to the Cape Cod Center of the Arts.
- Works closely with Board committees providing staff support.
- Advances the relationship of the Cape Playhouse with Dennis Village, adjacent communities, local business groups, other arts and regional organizations.
- Seeks opportunities to address public and private entities and the press and becomes the primary spokesperson for the Media.
- Is present at Opening Night of each show and other performances to meet the media, season subscribers and the audience in general.
- Together with the Artistic Director promotes the public face of the Cape Playhouse.
Those interested in applying for the position should email cover letter, resume and five references to: email@example.com. Competitive salary plus benefits. No phone calls please.